Pages

31/07/2011

My Soap and Glory Collection/Review :)


 Soap & Glory skincare
Hey guys! I thought i would do a blog on one of my favourite brands, Soap and Glory. Isn't that image above funny! Haha, i had a little laugh to myself! Anyways, I've got a little bit of a collection of Soap and Glory products so i thought i would share them with you and maybe help you decided if Soap and Glory is for you!

 Soap and Glory is available in Boots in the UK, that's where i have got all my products from and they do a range of different products.



Yey! Here is my little collection :) I'm pleased with it and look forward to making it much bigger! Like my other blogs, I'll go through each product one at a time, this way you can take all the information in a bit at a time! I hope the way i do my reviews works well for you. (Let me know if you have any other suggestions on how to set them out/do them.)



Soap and Glory Travel Size Flake Away Body Scrub 50ml - £2.35


This is my second pot of Flake Away, so as you can see, it hasn't been touched yet! People may say that this exfoliator is like any other and i must disagree. What sets Soap and Glory aside from any other exfoliators is it's AMAZING smell. Shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar...you can just smell what i smell can't you?! It has a gritty texture to it as do most exfoliators but in a strange way, you know that it's going to work because of the texture!
Simply apply to your legs and move in circular motions, when applied to the whole leg simply wash off, and violaaaa! smooth smooth SMOOTH! This exfoliator is for dry skin and let me tell you....it works like a dream! It leaves your legs feeling smooth and oh so touchable! 
This is the travel size but for the normal size you get 300ml for just £4.29 more, giving the 300ml size Flake Away a price of £6.64. If you ask me, i say that it is totally worth buying the larger size as it lasts for ages! Flake Away smells amazing and shows results...can't get better than that can you?!



Soap and Glory Travel Size Righteous Butter, Body Butter 50ml- £2.35
+
Soap and Glory Righteous Butter, Body Butter 300ml- £10.21



Let me start by apologising about how much i have used these products! As you can see in the image above, they are both practically empty. But, doesn't that say something? I started out with the small body butter as it came as part as a set for Christmas, and then i bought the larger one to take on holiday with me. Ever since then i have been dipping in and out of both! I suppose i should really finish one!
This body butter is creamy, smooth and again has an amazing smell. It has skin softening Shea butter and aloe Vera to give you that moist feeling in your skin.
If you have a bit of dry skin or simply want your skin to feel hydrated and smell gorgeous, simply apply this body butter wherever you feel fit.
I personally apply this body butter when i get out of the bath or shower. This then allows my skin to soak up this velvety intense body butter. I would recommend this body butter to anyone who feels like they need a little bit of moisture in their lives! Perfect for any skin type.
I know that the larger one is a bit more expensive than the travel size however it is TOTALLY worth it. You can SO much more product and the quality of this body butter is amazing.




Soap and Glory Mini Hand Food, Hand Cream 50ml- £2.35


I'm all about the travel sizes aren't i?! But by having this size it makes it easy for you to pop in your handbag and use it whenever you want! 
This hand cream is again scented with the same smell that the body butter and exfoliator has, is non-greasy and feels extremely silky and light. It contains fennel and lotus flower extracts which helps leave your hands MEGA soft and non-greasy!
You find with some hand creams then tend to leave a greasy or sticky residue, but have no fear...Soap and Glory Hand Food rises above this and leaves your hands feeling super soft and smelling gorgeous! Perfect if your hands are left feeling dry and mistreat, simply apply as much as you want into your hands and rub.


From this swatch you can see how creamy and silky this hand cream is. The bottle itself is a squeezy tube and the product can easily come out...simply squeeze! It does exactly what it says on the bottle, feeds your hands! I love this product and i recommend it to EVERYONE!



Soap and Glory Calm One Calm All Travel Size Bubble Bath
+
Body Scrub(er)?!



First of all i got these in part of a set for Christmas so i don't know how much either of these products are. Sorry! I do know that you can get the bubble bath in a larger bottle for just £5.11
All you have to do is dose a few capfuls into a hot bath. Then get it and relax! This bubble bath has a built in body lotion and moisturising skin conditioner so it leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. I personally love this bubble bath, maybe because yet again, it smells AMAZING! You can definitely feel the results of this product once you get out of the bath. Super soft and super smooth!

Now for the body scruber?! I have no idea what you call these things! In my family we call them 'scrubers'?! I have no idea if thats the correct name for them? How silly do i sound right now?! Anyways, this product, also by Soap and Glory is brilliant for scrubing your body and just basically giving you a good wash! I use to have the Soap and Glory Shower Gel but it's all gone :( but i use to add the shower gel to the scruber and that would leave your body feeling smooth and clean!



Soap and Glory Glow Getter 100ml - £10.47



This powder spray is rub-resistant and is so easy to apply! All you have to do is hold the can 20-25cm from your skin, then spray wherever you like. This sun spray can also be applied to your face. Use your fingertips to blend it in until it's all even. It leaves an amazing airbrush finish!
A HUGE plus to this sun powder spray is that you can simply wash it off the next day! So like other fake tans your not left with patchy skin whilst it is coming off.
Some people may say that it is rather expensive for a spray and yes, there are cheaper ones available but i don't think you get an even airbrushed finish with any other spray. It's just my opinion!
A negative point about this spray tan is that it goes everywhere! The first time i used this, i applied it to my legs by using my bed as a sort of prop for my legs. My bed sheets were a golden sun-kissed colour after i'd finished with my legs! Just be sure to use it somewhere where you aren't that bothered about a bit of spray getting on it.
BUT BUT BUT...it smells AMAZING!!!
Very very impressed with this product. I will definitely be purchasing it again when i've run out of this one...i nearly am! 


Soap and Glory Glow Lotion 150ml


Use this Glow Lotion all over your body as a moisturiser. Particularly on your neck and shoulders as a shimmery, fragrant look. Again, this product smells gorgeous, just like the other Soap and Glory products. It is a creamy texture lotion and rubs in smoothly. It shimmers in the sun and leaves your skin looking shimmery and glowing!



Soap and Glory Solar Powder, Bronzer £12.29



This bronzer is simply amazing. It is a mix and match multi-shade bronzer which when applied leaves your skin looking highlighted and defined. Simply apply this bronzer like any other and the effect that
you get it stunning.


As you can see here, mine is not looking too pretty anymore but thats because i LOVE this product and use it almost every day. When the product is new it has a lovely looking S and G in the bronzer which gives it that extra special touch! The packaging is handy too as it has a little mirror which means you can apply this product to your face when and wherever you want!
The bronzer has two shades to it which is good for me because as you know from previous posts, i have pale skin! I tend to use the right shade more. just simply because i feel it looks better on my skin tone!
Just like every other Soap and Glory product, the bronzer has the same gorgeous smell to it, however it is a much subtler smell. When applied to my skin it highlights it perfectly, finishing off my look, making my skin look highlighted and sun-kissed. LOVE IT.



Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme-Plump Lipgloss - £10.47
+
Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss - £8.43


I'll start by talking about the Lip Plumping Gloss, it actually WORKS! I've always been a bit unsure of these types of products and actually doubted if they even worked. BUT, this works. What i love about this particular gloss is that it comes in different shades. Nude shades to pinky shades, whatever shade tickles your fancy. This gloss's packaging is a hard tube with a wand to apply the product. Once applied evenly to your lips using the wand...the magic happens. You start to feel your lips tingling..more and more and more! This is a good sign as you know what this little beauty is about to work it's magic. You're left with lips feeling and looking fuller and plumper. It doesn't leave your lips feeling sticky and it smells a treat! RESULT!

On to the XL Extreme Lip Plump. First of all i love the packaging of this lip gloss, it's silver squeezy tube looks attractive and is such an easy lip gloss to apply. Simply squeeze the tube and the product comes out. It works just like the other lipgloss. You apply it, your lips start to tingle and you are left with lips feeling and looking plumper! This gloss leaves a clear glossy shine to your lips and again smells yummy! It is said to have extra strength collagen in it but in my opinion i don't really feel the difference between the two.
Personally i favour the Lip Plumping Gloss, mainly because it is avaliable in different shades!


Well there you go folks! That's all my Soap and Glory products. I hope that you enjoyed reading about them and maybe it's helped you deicide to go and try products from Soap and Glory! The container that is in my first image came as part of a set for christmas so i don't think they are avaliable to buy on there own.
The prices of these items may be considered as dear to some, but i reasure you, it is well worth the money! You get a quality product that instantly shows results...can't get much better than that can you?!
I'll leave with a final image of my products and i really hope that you go and buy some of these amazing, gorgeous smelling products!



Leah xx

1 comment:

  1. There is loads of hype about the sexy mother pucker and I really want to try it :)
    http://kellysbudgetmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment my lovelies!xxx